The Real Housewives of New Jersey is all about relationships, whether it's reconciling a deep-seated family feud or feeling out a new friendship. Siggy Flicker may be one of the new cast members on Season 7 of RHONJ, but she should be more than prepared to navigate the complicated relationships among these Garden State residents, considering the fact that she does so for a living. Yes, Siggy, which is short for Sigalit, is a prominent relationship expert, which should come in handy as she tries to fit in to this dynamic group of women and avoid the drama as much as possible. Of course, no amount of experience can prepare you for how people will react on RHONJ, as we've seen on the show through the years. But the fact that it's Siggy's job to deal with people and their emotions means that she should be able to handle herself well among this tough bunch of broads. Her career as a relationship expert is only the beginning of what's going to make Siggy delightful to watch on RHONJ this season. Read on to see why else you're immediately going to fall in love with her.
1. She's a Relationship Expert. If you're having trouble in the relationship department, Siggy will probably be able to help. She's an in-demand relationship expert, who has given her advice on many high-profile platforms, including TODAY, Good Morning America, Dr. Phil, The Wendy Williams Show, and many others, according to the bio on her official website. She also joins the illustrious club of RHONJ authors with her own self-help book Write Your Own Fairy Tale: The New Rules for Dating, Relationships, and Finding Love On Your Own Terms, which was published in 2015. We can only hope that we'll see Siggy give fellow RHONJ newbie and divorcée Dolores Catania some tips on how to get back in the dating game.
2. She's Still Close to Her Ex. If you still need proof that Siggy is amazing at her job, then you needn't look any further than how she dealt with her own divorce from her first husband of eight years Mark Flicker. Siggy describes her split from Mark as "divorce done right" on her website, meaning that "there were no lawyers, no bitter arguments and no traumatized children." Siggy's relationship with Mark remained so amicable after their divorce that he even served as best man during her wedding to second husband Michael Campanella, which even caught the attention of Page Six, because how could it not? Siggy also threw her ex-husband's fiancée a baby shower, she told the Palm Beach Post in October 2015. This family seems to have made divorce work like no other.
3. Her Current Husband Wasn't Her Type... at First. Siggy married Michael, a New Jersey car dealer, in 2012, but never saw herself with a guy like him. "He sold Jeeps and Chevrolets, and he’d been successful and had lost it all. He doesn’t have any hair on top," Siggy told the Palm Beach Post about why Michael didn't seem like her match "on paper." "But my heart was pounding. We started talking, and he was not afraid to admit his failures. That was sexy to me.” Seeing how cute these two look together proves that they were made for each other.
4. She Has a Full House. Siggy has a daughter and son from her first marriage, and Michael had two children of his own when they got married, according to the bio on her website. Her ex Mark also had a baby boy with his fiancée. And they all get along like one big, happy family.
5. She's Not Originally from New Jersey. Siggy didn't grow up in the Garden State; in fact, she's not even originally from the United States. Siggy had quite the dramatic birth as her mother went into labor in a bomb shelter in Israel during the Six Day War in 1967, she described to the Palm Beach Post. She became a self-proclaimed "Jersey Girl" when her family moved to the state when she was 6 years old. Siggy would go on to attend Monmouth University in West Long Branch, New Jersey before moving around a little and eventually ending up in Miami, where she met her first husband. She made her triumphant return to New Jersey after her divorce.
6. Her Dad Is Kind of a Big Deal. Siggy's dad Mordecai Paldiel has lived quite a life. He was born in Belgium, fled to France, and then escaped the Nazis when a Catholic priest helped him and his family get into Switzerland, the Jewish Foundation for the Righteous describes. He then went on to become a pre-eminent Holocaust scholar. Of course, Siggy couldn't be prouder to call him "dad."
7. She Had Humble Beginnings. Siggy had to work hard for the money to get herself through college. She worked as a waitress at T.G.I. Friday's and shopped at TJ Maxx, according to the Palm Beach Post. Her lifestyle looks a lot more luxe these days.
8. Her House Is to Die for. Her gorgeous abode is certainly proof of that. We mean, just look at the size of that mansion and pool. We can't wait to see more of Siggy's home on RHONJ.
9. This Isn't Her First Reality Show We already know Siggy is a TV vet, and that also includes reality TV. Siggy starred on VH1's Why Am I Still Single?, which followed her and her staff as they tried to set up clients that have tried and failed to find love. That show made it clear that Siggy's life is definitely one to watch.
10. She Works with a Fellow New Jersey Celeb The Real Housewives of New Jersey is all about relationships, whether it's reconciling a deep-seated family feud or feeling out a new friendship. Siggy Flicker may be one of the new cast members on Season 7 of RHONJ, but she should be more than prepared to navigate the complicated relationships among these Garden State residents, considering the fact that she does so for a living.
If you want even more Siggy after catching her on RHONJ (which, let's be real, who doesn't?), then you can find her on the podcast Just Sayin' with co-hosts Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola of Jersey Shore fame and Clare Galterio. It's like a weekly dose of just sitting down and gabbing with Siggy.